The DMM Revolver with a Locksafe gate forms a neat ‘semi-captive’ interface with many of DMM's treecare components such as the Rigging Hubs and Anchor Rings. This limits the risk of the connector from flipping over or cross loading, making them indispensable in remote or fixed rescue systems.
The LOCKSAFE gate (always green on DMM 'biners) is unique, in that it's really a 4 stage lock, even though they call it a triple lock. Our reasoning is that first you need to twist the barrel slightly (1), before you then lift the barrel (2), then twist the barrel (3) and finally push the gate open (4). Extremely secure. The classic triple-action, locking mechanism. The Locksafe is almost as simple to use as the Kwiklock, requiring just one extra push-up action of the barrel before the twist, but when locked gives even better protection from accidental opening. This is especially important in situations requiring complex, rope-running systems. A rope under tension may run transversely over other locking mechanisms exposing them to the risk of unlocking. The addition of the third required action dramatically reduces the likelihood of the same rope opening the Locksafe.
Tip: Keep all Locksafe's clean and properly maintained to increase longevity in use.
- Conforms to EN362:2004/B
- Unique and legendary connector incorporates low friction roller system
- I-Beam section for increased strength to weight ratio
- Keylock clean nose for snag free connection
- Hot forged and fully heat treated aluminium for lightness and maximum strength
- Anodised to EN 7599:2010 AA10 Sealed for corrosion protection
- Recommended for special applications including rescue and hoisting
- Individually marked for traceability