This is a plain visor version, perfect for rotary wing air crew. Protection and comfort in a Versatile, Lightweight Design
Note: Please note that due to Export Licensing Regulations, we must supply the end-users details to Gentex before ordering this item, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery of your helmet, so that we can complete this process.
With its versatile design, the Gentex SPH-5® Rotary Wing Helmet is used by emergency medical personnel, firefighters, government agencies, and commercial pilots around the globe. Combining superior protection and lightweight comfort, the versatile SPH-5 accommodates a wide range of eye/facial protection, communications, and hearing protection accessories to meet specific and evolving flight needs.
- Strong, lightweight Kevlar® shell and liner provide impact resistance of 300 Gs (cold) and 400 Gs (hot)
- Washable helmet comfort liner optimizes fit and comfort; features special fastener strips for easy installation and removal Super Comfort Liner (SCL) available, has thicker, plush cloth cover
- Lightweight dual visor assembly system protects eyes from glare, wind, and dust and features 1 clear and 1 tinted neutral gray (sunshade) polycarbonate visor.
- Electret boom-mounted adjustable microphone
- swivel assembly
- Dual earphones H143/AIC (300 Ohms)
- 36" coiled communications cord, and microphone cord with U-174/U Plug
- Prefit Thermo Plastic Liner (TPL®)
- Compatible with Communications Ear Plug (CEP)
- High Strength Chin Strap
- Comfortable contoured energy absorbing ear-cup assemblies reduce transmitted force while screening out excessive noise levels
All liners fit most head shapes, and can be custom fitted Stabilizing Retention System available in double D-ring or as quick-disconnect (snap), both withstanding pull strength test of 300 lbs.
All visors meet all performance requirements of MIL-V-43511, and have abrasion-resistant coating in accordance with MIL-C-83409.
If your head circumference is less than 54.6cm, you will require a special five-layer TPL (additional charge applies)
If your head circumference exceeds 56.9cm, you will require the XXL Energy absorbing liner (additional charge applies)
Sizes: Regular (head circumference of 54.6cm - 56.9cm), XL (head circumference greater than 56.9cm)
Model Number: SPH-5
Most* items are shipped using Australia Post; a flat shipping & handling fee of $9.95 is charged at checkout (*except bulky orders, see below). Please contact our Customer Service Team if you have any special shipping requests. Please note; any items that are contained in a commercial quotation by our Sales Team are not included in our $9.95 standard shipping rate offer.
Some items are not able to be shipped via Australia Post due to size and/or weight restrictions, but they can be collected from our Collingwood Store free of charge or the Bulky Freight charge will be shown below.
Most items are held in stock in Collingwood, occasionally we run out of stock of some items. We will notify you advising when your order will be available for collection.
The following External Territories may not be shippable, and must be quoted in advance. Please call or email instead of ordering online.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Christmas Island
- Norfolk Island