The rugged, multi-featured ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector boasts several options that provide maximum safety and make it easy to use in even the most demanding situations. It features large buttons for easy use, and its polycarbonate housing protects the detector for drops of up to 3 mt. The detector also boasts the exclusive MotionAlert®, which lets others know if the user has become immobile, and InstantAlert®, a manual alarm that alerts others if a dangerous situation has arisen. The large buttons and bright display makes operation possible even when the user is wearing gloves.
ALTAIR 5X is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously (including combustible gases, O‰ââ, CO, H‰ââS, CH‰âã - depending on the model selected) and is driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology. These sensors offer superior response time, stability, accuracy, and reliability together with an extended service life.
- Durable detector tests levels of combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine and many others depending on sensor configuration
- A rugged polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10ft (3m) drop and is IP 65 certified
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow without the problems of externally-attached components
- High performance XCell sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than four years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, and SO2 sensors
- Typical life greater than three years for NH3, and Cl2 sensors
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds
- Rapid bump test gives results in under 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- MotionAlert option tells others that user has become immobile
- InstantAlert provides manual alarm to alert others of a dangerous situation
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when user is wearing gloves
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions user when unit's sensor is nearing end-of-life
- Versatile MSA Link® allows user to transmit data to a computer
- GALAXY GX2 System compatible
* Each combustible gas or vapour will ignite only within a specific range of fuel/Oxygen mixtures. Too little or too much gas will not ignite. These conditions are defined as the Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) and the Upper Explosive Limit (UEL). Any amount of gas between the two limits is explosive.
Please note: all 5X kits sold within Victoria include onsite calibration training with an MSA specialist if required.
Most* items are shipped using Australia Post; a flat shipping & handling fee of $9.95 is charged at checkout (*except bulky orders, see below). Please contact our Customer Service Team if you have any special shipping requests. Please note; any items that are contained in a commercial quotation by our Sales Team are not included in our $9.95 standard shipping rate offer.
Some items are not able to be shipped via Australia Post due to size and/or weight restrictions, but they can be collected from our Collingwood Store free of charge or the Bulky Freight charge will be shown below.
Most items are held in stock in Collingwood, occasionally we run out of stock of some items. We will notify you advising when your order will be available for collection.
The following External Territories may not be shippable, and must be quoted in advance. Please call or email instead of ordering online.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Christmas Island
- Norfolk Island