This is the third incarnation of the Croll in just over 20 years and it's now much smaller and more durable.
The CROLL chest ascender is unmatched for efficiency on fixed lines. Compact and lightweight, it does not interfere with progression. The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone.
- Used with a BASIC ascender or with an ASCENSION handled ascender for rope ascents
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or muddy ropes...)
- Stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion
- Stainless steel wear plate for improved durability
- Catch is opened by pinching for simple, quick manipulation
- Lower hole angled to keep the CROLL chest ascender flat
- Upper hole for attaching a TORSE shoulder strap to keep the rope clamp in position
- Available in two versions:
- CROLL S: (11mm rope max)
compact and lightweight rope clamp. This version has a rope channel that is reinforced with stainless steel, for very harsh environments
- CROLL L: (13mm rope max)
rope clamp with wide rope channel for excellent fluidity during ascents