Compact and lightweight emergency ascender. Duck is made like an emergency belay device for during retrieve, self-belay, progression maneuvers and for regulations of daisy chains.
Colour: choose Black, or coloured
("coloured" version is RANDOM COLOUR according to whatever colour the factory is making this month - if in doubt, ask us what we have)
- Designed for use with single ropes with a diameter between 8 and 13 mm
- The Duck Microblock also works also on plane and tubular slings from 10 to 15 mm width (even if these are not certified for progression).
- Due to the small dimensions, it can be easily inserted even with one only hand.
- To insert rope, pull and rotate side plate, reposition plate and then "lock" the Duck Microblock closed with a symmetrical or oval locking karabiner.
- The large hole allows the rotation of sleeve connectors.
- The Duck Microblock will slide up the rope easily and grab when a load is applied.
- Unique to this design are the "shingled" ridges on the cam and the 25 mm diameter bearing surface that has a small groove to center your rope.
- UIAA, CE approved for use on both dynamic and semi-static ropes and accessory cord ranging from 8 - 13mm.
- The Duck Microblock can also be used with a 10-15 mm web runner girthed to your harness to regulate its length.
- NOTE: This device is not to be used as a back-up.