The modular tripod system that can be expanded for greater uses later on!
The Arachnipod is a self-supporting device providing quick and easy access to confined space entry points such as manholes and voids. This system can also be used as a high directional frame. A unique feature of the Arachnipod is that it flat packs for convenient storage, yet is quick and easy to set up. The system can be used with either a winch retrieval system or a mechanical advantage system or both. For heavy loads, four legs can used to form a quadpod and increase the safe working load (SWL). Its versatility makes it an ideal system for workers in industries such as rescue and emergency services, construction, military, utility services, mining, film and maintenance.
The Arachnipod is a rugged and versatile tripod with built in safety factors that exceeds internationally recognised rescue systems and standards. Its simplistic but unique design makes it ideal for heavy duty confined space requirement where guaranteed performance is mandatory.
The tripod has top stabilisation anchoring points that assist in the stabilisation of the system when using the external mechanical advantage or retrieval systems.
The Arachnipod is compatible with Arachnipod accessories.
"Introduction to Arachnipod" Video playlist on Youtube
- "Industrial Tripod" contains 3 standard legs, making a tripod.
- "Industrial PLUS Tripod" contains a Pulley Leg, for external rope feed (plus 2x standard leg)
- "Advantage BASIC Tripod" contains a Lazy Leg, which folds out to wider angles (difficult locations) (plus 2x standard leg)
- "Advantage Tripod" contains BOTH a Pulley Leg, AND Lazy Leg (plus 1x standard leg)
- "Rescue Kit" = "Industrial Plus Tripod" + rough-ground accessories
- "Advantage Plus BASIC Kit" = "Advantage Basic Tripod" + rigging accessories
- "Advantage Plus Kit" = "Advantage Tripod" + rigging accessories
- "Rescue Plus Kit" = "Advantage Tripod" + rigging accessories + rough ground accessories + spare parts + more!
Weight: approx 27kg depending on configuration
Max Height Extension: 2957mm
Max Feet Spread: 2530mm Tripod (not counting Lazy Leg)
Ratings (SWL-Safe Working Load) Leg Setting: A-1 SWL external anchor point: 400kg; SWL load anchor to leg: 220kg
Approved to CE Standard EN 795B
Please allow some time for processing as we do not carry this item in stock at all times; some parts may be specially made for your order.
Most* items are shipped using Australia Post; a flat shipping & handling fee of $9.95 is charged at checkout (*except bulky orders, see below). Please contact our Customer Service Team if you have any special shipping requests. Please note; any items that are contained in a commercial quotation by our Sales Team are not included in our $9.95 standard shipping rate offer.
Some items are not able to be shipped via Australia Post due to size and/or weight restrictions, but they can be collected from our Collingwood Store free of charge or the Bulky Freight charge will be shown below.
Most items are held in stock in Collingwood, occasionally we run out of stock of some items. We will notify you advising when your order will be available for collection.
The following External Territories may not be shippable, and must be quoted in advance. Please call or email instead of ordering online.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Christmas Island
- Norfolk Island