For use with Sundstrom half and full face masks. For use against vapour from organic gases whose boiling point exceeds +65?C (150F), for inorganic gas, for acid gas, and for ammonia.
Construction, manufacturing, chemical handling, emergency services, military, agricultural and laboratory
Approved to AS/NZS 1716:2003
The following are all indicators that its time to replace your filter:
- The expiration of the service life of gas filters can be detected by odour or tasted on the clean air side. The filters must then be replaced.
- The expiration of the service life of particle filters or combined filters that are used against particles can be detected by an increase in inhalation resistance.
- With combined filters – depending on the predominant protective function – both criteria must be observed. Particle filters must only be used once against radioactive contaminants, spores, bacteria,viruses and proteolytic enzymes.
- Some filters have a specified maximum service time (CO filter cartridges, combined filters 93 Hg/St) or they have an incorporated warning system (CO filter canisters).
- Filters that are used against hazardous gases whose infiltration cannot be detected by odour, taste or irritation, are subject to special regulations concerning duration and usage that depend on the conditions of use. Otherwise a form of protection that functions independently of the ambient air must be used.
Further conditions of use in each individual workplace and of each user affect the service life of respiratory devices, such as:
Pace of breathing – the higher the rate of breathing the higher the contamination rate of the filtering device
Temperature of the ambient air – the higher the temperature, the shorter the service life
Humidity – the higher the humidity the lower the intake capacity of activated carbon against organic gases and vapours
Mixtures of hazardous agents – less absorbent components in the activated carbon can be replaced with components that offer higher rates of absorption (desorption)
For factory sealed and properly stored gas and combined filters the following storage lives can be expected:
Filters type A, AX, B, E, K, Hg, Reactor : 6 years
Filters type CO, NO : 4 years
Proper storage conditions are indicated on the filter packaging. The expiration date is marked on the individual filters. Gas and combined filters that have been opened must be replaced after 6 months at the latest, or earlier if they are exhausted.
Most* items are shipped using Australia Post; a flat shipping & handling fee of $9.95 is charged at checkout (*except bulky orders, see below). Please contact our Customer Service Team if you have any special shipping requests. Please note; any items that are contained in a commercial quotation by our Sales Team are not included in our $9.95 standard shipping rate offer.
Some items are not able to be shipped via Australia Post due to size and/or weight restrictions, but they can be collected from our Collingwood Store free of charge or the Bulky Freight charge will be shown below.
Most items are held in stock in Collingwood, occasionally we run out of stock of some items. We will notify you advising when your order will be available for collection.
The following External Territories may not be shippable, and must be quoted in advance. Please call or email instead of ordering online.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Christmas Island
- Norfolk Island