Beaver Round slings are an all-purpose lifting sling enabling a strong and non-damaging lift of its load.
Also suitable for anchoring:
- 1000kg version for hauling anchors only;
- 2000kg versions (and higher) are suitable for life support anchors.
They are extremely light in weight and flexible in multiple directions, allowing easy and quick manipulation even when fragile loads are being lifted. Beaver Mega Round Slings are a continuous loop made from polyester yarn encased in a sleeve of polyester or nylon fabric. The sleeve is constructed so it protects the internal rows of yarn filament and keeps them in a parallel formation at all times. The yarn fibre (core) is free to spread out where the round sling is in contact with its load. This provides a broad support, which cushions the load against damage and reduces slipping. The low stretch characteristics of the polyester yarn also prevent ‘load bounce’ when hoisting very heavy weights.
These slings are colour coded to AS1353, and approved/stamped to AS4497.1.
They are supplied with Proof Test Certificate included in the package.
1. Slings have a maximum lifespan from date of manufacture of 10 years unless worn/damaged earlier.
2. Check Australian Standard AS4497 and AS1353 for use and inspection guidelines.
3. Never overload the equipment.
4. Do not use if ID tag is removed.
5. Inspect sling for damage prior to use.
6. Do not use sling if there is any sign of cut webbing, snagging, heat or chemical damage, excessive wear, damaged seams, any other
defect or presence of grit, abrasive materials or other deleterious matter.
7. Do not tie knots in sling webbing.
8. Protect sling webbing from sharp edges of load. Use protective sleeves.
9. Do not expose slings to temperatures above 90°C.
10. Do not allow abrasive or other damaging grit to penetrate the fibres.
11. Consult with manufacturer’s recommendations before immersing a sling in a chemical solution.
12. Keep away from strong alkalis and phenolic compounds.